Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Linux distro review

This is probably the first time I have posted a new entry in my blog in such a short interval. I am a big fan of Debian and Gentoo. I personally feel that these two are the best distributions that I have seen. Debian does a lot of things right, at the same time Gentoo does things as well as Debian. I would say the best distribution would a be mixture of Debian and Gentoo and should be called Debtoo!!! ;) Things apart lets get back to topic Linux distro review. I haven't used so many distros that I would be writing reviews. I saw this review of distros posted on TipMonkies, I would say its a very good article and would recommend it to people who would want to give Linux a try for the first time. A lot of time I have friends ask me which distro of Linux to use as a first time user. I guess I can point them to this article so that they can make their choice rather than me. If you feel that you would require me to help you administer your system then I would suggest using Debian or Gentoo as I can administer them with greater ease, is what I would sign off with.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?